Saturday, August 16, 2008

Eight Sixteen

I always thought people with kids took too much stuff with them on outings -- its just a short hike, do you really need to find and bring all that stuff, I'd think to myself. I told myself that I wouldn't be that way when I had kids and I knew if I ended up being that way (even without a kid, I've been known to spend time finding my wallet, sun glasses, GPS device, cell phone and etc.), being married to the most efficient woman in the world would straighten me out.

Today we went for a 10 minute walk with Liam in one of the many nearby parks and I think it took me 20 minutes to get ready for it. It wasn't terrible, but I've got work to do -- it was the first time the stroller made its way to the trunk. I always appreciated how my parents seemed to do their thing and we were along for the ride -- it made for far more entertaining trips that way -- worrying too much about me may have limited my experiences....but wait...today is only Liam's 10th day on this side of Melanie's belly. There's time for improvement! All said and done, we had a very nice day and while we're getting a bit more acclimated to the new demands, days seem much shorter than they used to. 10 days of Liam's life have gone by. There are only 620 more 10-day sections of life before Liam turns 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment